A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Prep

Normally we go to Andy's parent's for Christmas Day lunch, but this year, we've decided to have Wendy, Dave and Clair around to our house and will cook for them. Especially in light of the fact we our in our new, bigger home and Andy received a lovely turkey from work.

We have to borrow the table from Wendy, as we use our dining room as a tv room for the kids, and Wendy is supplying the desert, but thanks to the help of my wonderful friend Carol-Anne, this it what I'm planning on fixin for Christmas Lunch:

Roast Turkey, wrapped in bacon
filled with a pork & cranberry stuffing
homemade roast potatoes, parnsips and carrots
plus, steamed broccoli and mashed turnip
Yorkshire Pudding and bacon wrapped mini sausages

I will also endeavour to make homemade cranberry sauce.

I've been baking a lot lately, using my mom's recipe's, but also with the aid of a great website I found through Tina's site.

Tonight Alex and I made Gina's cherry balls, and The Rock's, Chocolate Chip Squares, which don't look exactly like this, but do taste quite nice ;)



I'd love to try making chocolate snowballs but as I seem to have trouble making macaroons, I think snowballs are out of my league at this moment in time.

This weekend I will however make more Melting Moments, shortbread cookies I've made once already that have managed to dissapear in a few short days.

No comments: