After 16 years of having a clean driving record, I have gone and got myself my first ever speeding ticket. Be that hard to believe, but it is the truth ;). I've been driving here for 2 1/2 years and most often I don't speed, but on the off chance I do, I've always managed to elude the f**kers. Driving here is slightly different from home, where I will admit (and have done so before) that I'm heavy footed, but was always switched on enough to avoid a ticket. So, after nearly one year with my new UK license I was caught by the money making bastards. So be it. I screwed up and will pay the penalty. Or wait one minute, I screwed up but my loving husband will pay the penalty . I do however still get stuck with the points - as generous as Andy is, he isn't generous enough to take the points (the ticket came in his name as he is the registered owner of the Sportage :)
Pro's of the Actual Cop vs. Speed Cameras...
Actual Police Officer
1. You know then and there if you have received a ticket.
2. There is a slight chance you might be able to talk your way out of it...
3. You sometimes get to appreciate a nice looking Officer in full uniform.
1. Your not even sure you've been issued a ticket until it arrives in the mail, so there is no chance of talking your way around it.
2. Its an automatic Â£60 fine. (I don't know what the fine is in NS - probably works out to a similar amount)
3. You are automatically penalized with three points on your license (I'm not sure how this works back home - if any of you have received a ticket recently, feel free to fill me in ;)
The only GOOD point of a Speed Camera: You don't have the opportunity to humiliatee yourself by trying to plead your way out of a ticket, only to be denied anyway. I, naturally have to exclude myself from this group as I have always managed to talk my way around the cops, even when I had let my vehicle registration expire - however as mentioned previously, I had never been pulled over for speeding.
Tagged By Tuna
5 Things in My/Our Refrigerator:
1) Diet Coke
2) Beck's (Beer)
4) 1/2 Bag of Salad Mix
5) Greek Yoghurt
5 Things in My/Our Closet:
4) Picture Frames
5) Gift Bags
5 Things in My Handbag:
1) Dental Floss
4) Hand Sanitizer
5) Purse (Wallet)
5 Things in My/Our Car:
2) 2 Litre Bottle of Still Water
3) Molly's Lead
5) Mini Road Atlas
5 People to Tag:
4) Stacy (that makes twice with Tawn's)
5) Dawn (that makes twice with Tawn's)