A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Recipe for Disaster

Last week at work the girls and I started up a weight loss club to see if we could all shake some extra pounds. This week not one of us gained weight and all but one of us lost at least 2-6 lbs.

Last night, feeling like I ought to bake the boys some cookies since we don't have any store bought ones in and haven't for a while, I chose to attempt to make Gina's Yummy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.

And so I did. 45 of them.

And although they aren't as scrummy as my mom's they are still quite good, especially if a group of 12 year olds are to be believed: I was in the living room when Connor and about 6 of his mates came in looking for a drink, and a break from the cold. Of course the cookies were spotted straight away and as they munched on one each I overheard them asking Connor did I always bake such good stuff, and had to smile when I overheard one of his friends say 'these are really nice but you also need to try these other ones she makes with rice-crispies in em!'And so the conversation continued while I sat in the living room unobserved grinning like the obvious kitchen wizard that I'm apparently turning into.

But...

The pleasure of baking for my boys wasn't enough as I had to help myself to the guilty indulgence of the damnable things. And not just 1 or 2. So today, I'm trying to ignore the call of chocolate chip oatmeal and concentrate on soups and stir-frys. One day of sweet delights are enough... I can only work off so much at the gym.

No comments: