Today has been the first five day work week I’ve had in a while and surprisingly it hasn’t passed to slowly. I don’t have much planned this weekend other than a trip to the hair salon and exercising both myself and Molly.
To wrap my week up I’m going to highlight what’s made me smile, and on the flip side, what's made me frown.
What I’ve been smiling at:
• I have been working out more regularly and feel better for it. I also feel better that I haven’t let myself down by not going to the gym.
• My husband has been working local for the last few weeks and I’m enjoying having him home in the evenings.
• The pita wrap I had for lunch yesterday made with sundried tomatoes, avocado, olives, pickle and cheese – yummy!
• A new British program I’ve been watching called Sirens that made me laugh out loud a few times;
• Sitting in the hot tub after a hard work out, there is no better way to sooth sore muscles.
• I haven’t had a glass of wine since the 3rd July (gasp) and I’m not even craving it. Why I’m smiling about that is beyond me – do I even know who I am anymore?
• My new navy wedge heels from Clarks
• Listening to my mom tell me she was out with her sisters both Saturday and Sunday night until past 2:00 am.
• This evening we are meeting friends at the local pub for a few drinks and a something to eat and if the weather holds Molly and Carter might even be able to come with us.
What I've been frowning at:
• Despite working out and eating healthy (never mind not drinking any wine), the scales told me I gained three pounds. Those scales are lucky they didn’t get thrown out the window – argh!
• The idiot cyclists in this town – some guy almost drove his bike right into my moving vehicle this morning.
• Molly’s itch is back again, and it’s chronic. Instead of taking her to the vet, I’m starting her on a round of antihistamines; when taken daily I’m told these will help.
• Finding out that my bike is not fit to ride anymore, when I haven’t even been on in it! (kids eh?)
• The smell of manure in the air due to the farmers spreading it all over their fields… it’s not been the best summer we could ask for, however this week has been muggy and having to keep the windows shut at dinner is just friggin perfect. At least the worst of it seems to be over today.
I hope most of you have had more smiles than frowns this week. Feel free to share any anecdote's that might make the rest of us smile too.