A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, November 25, 2011

The City of Love

sParis lived up to my every expectation, and more.  The trip we took in 2006 was fun for so many varying reasons;  it was a place that I unwittingly fell in love with and I've always wanted to return.  After this trip alone with my husband, I can honestly say it's one of my favourite cities ever


The Parisians are so kind, so accommodating... so helpful.  Without even being asked.  I can't give that to various other European cities. 

Despite a few hiccups such as:

Andy giving his head a very hard knock prior to even leaving the local train station;
Almost missing our connecting train out of Newark;
Not having time to stop at the champagne bar in St Pancras;
Ilhame not being in when we arrived at the bed and breakfast after travelling all day;
An elephant being in the in the room above us on the first night;
My camera lens falling apart;
A very sore blister on my little toe;
and
Andy nearly being pickpocketed on the underground, however that was more amusing than anything as he was well aware of the situation; we had another laugh when we saw the police questioning the female pickpockets ten minutes later. 

We had an absolutely amazing time in Paris.

The best bits? 

Well the big glass of wine we were given when Ilhame finally got home to greet us;  It was hard to stay annoyed at such a vivacious, sweet natured lady - especially when she is filling your glass with cold, crisp wine.

The room: truly authentic Parisian with a Moroccan twist. 

The breakfast:  home-made jams, croissants, pain-au-chocolate, breads and coffee. 

Walking along the Seine on a lazy Sunday morning.


 Taking in the sites from a river cruise


The Sunday Market up by Sacre Coeur



Watching the street dancers up on the Tracadero



Lunch in a cafe with a view of the Eiffel Tower


The mussels :)

The Wine


The authentic Italian Bistro we found that served a gorgeous scallop linguine

The amazing shops of Galeries Layfayette

Laughing with my husband as he drank his first glass of chardonnay with me (with me).

(alhtough I think he's drinking Leffe here... a few moments later he was drinking wine)

The coffee

The Wine (again)

The rumpy pumpy.... Sorry TMI maybe, but it was a romantic trip to Paris - would you expect any different?

The Christmas Market down the Champs Elysees

All the laughs with my husband


Seeing the Eiffel Tower lit up for Christmas


Spending four glorious days alone with my husband.





2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

The pictures are gorgeous. The two of you look so happy--so in love! I'm so glad you got to experience this together--Wow!

Valentina said...

So glad you had such a fantstic time! Your pictures are amazing, and I absolutely LOVE the last one...