A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, February 13, 2012

Party Girls

I have to concede that I'm being a negligent blogger again. I signed in to do this post and thought to myself that it's been an awfully long time since I've even been here.  Not only have I not been blogging, I haven't even been reading many blogs in recent weeks, which isn't like me at all. So apart from my sister's blog, I think I'm going to be spending a little while in the very near future catching up with you all, especially now that I have my laptop back. It was on loan to a friend and not having it on hand in the evenings is a good reason for why I haven't been online as much as I normally am,  however it's not the only one.  The main reason would be that work has been incredibly busy this year;  I usually have a spare moment here and there to catch up a few things, but honestly I've been swamped and at lunch time I'm either running errands or just taking a break from the computer.  And come bed time?  I spend so much time looking at the boards on Pinterest, I only took the time late last week to set myself up an account.  It really is an amazing site, check it out if you haven't already.

I have had loads going on as well (which isn't as inclusive of the gym as I've hoped, but I'm working on it; 15 miles on Saturday wasn't too shabby) that I'm looking forward to sharing with you when I have a bit of extra time.

The end of January saw the celebration of my birthday in the old Jody style from years ago (meaning I let myself get outrageously inebriated);  I thought I'd left that girl well behind but she reared her silly head again.  One thing I learned on the eve of my 39th birthday:  wine is to be consumed as a enjoyable drink only.  It is not meant for nights out, unless of course the limit is three.

The first weekend in February brought with it Daisy and her parents for a family celebration in honour of her 1st birthday.  Scott and Ali had a big party full of kids and noise this past Saturday that was successful;  thankfully they understood that we weren't able to be there for that one.
Our beautiful girl all ready for bed after a hectic day of celebrating turning 1 with her family.

We have had a couple of minor snowfalls in the last ten days or so;  although it's been pretty, it hasn't been thick so therefore the roads aren't such a nightmare this year.

And of course today this beautiful little girl turns two:

Looking gorgeous in her dress from Aunty Stacy

  Ice-cream Birthday Cake :)

Her mom and dad (with a little help from friends and family) gave Clara a party that would please a twenty-two year old this past Saturday.  With matching themed martini's for the adults, it was definitely the kind of children's party that is right up my alley.  I can't wait to see what's coming for the milestone birthdays i.e. 16.  Hopefully by then I will be living nearer and able to partake in the celebrations. Provided adults will still be welcome that is. 

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Those are two lucky girls! Their parties sound wonderful--especially the matching martinis--love it!

Happy Belated Birthday to you as well!