A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Flemenco's, Food and Sore Feet

Many of you might think that this was not a great time of year to be in a Mediterranean City, but let me tell you, I was perfectly ok with it. Although the temperature varied between 8-14 degrees, the fact that it was winter cut down on the crowd factor big time. And if anyone really knows me, they know how I feel about crowds. It was a shame we couldn't go down into the water as the beaches were fantastic (although it sure didn't stop a few idiots), however the walk along the promenade on Sunday was nevertheless, breathtaking. I had layered up with three sweaters as I wasn't sure how warm it would get in the early afternoon. It was a good decision as I needed to remove the top layer at varying times throughout the trek. It was a refreshing walk along the beach as my head was feeling rather sore from the intravenous I had hooked up to me the night before which was continually pumping sangria directly into my blood stream. By the time we got back to the hotel for a shower and change of clothes, we had covered over 12 km on foot.



This photo was taken on Saturday night. Andy had taken me to a traditional Flamenco show that was absolutely brilliant. The way these women and men move make my feet hurt and my head spin, as the move around in a blur of astonishing colour

One of the most memorable sights of the city for me, were all the street performers down the main street, El Ramble. Each were in an amazing, original costume, looking completely statuesque, and remained so until someone dropped some change into their pots. They all had something interesting to surprise you with. Naturally some were more unique and enlivening then others, but it was something I could have spent quite a while (and a lot of money) on. They were honestly the best I've ever seen.

I have finally managed to find some time to post our photos, which you will find here. I'm a little disappointed we didn't take more, or that some of my shots were mistakenly taken in the wrong colour, however I think they give a small indication of this beautiful city.

There is no point in regretting that I should have taken more photos from the mountain we hiked up, and later descended by cable car. The view of the whole city from the cable car was one of the most stunning views my eyes have been witness to, but unfortunately my camera never made its way out of my bag. You'll just have to take a trip yourself to see what I mean.

No comments: