A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's always hard to say goodbye...

Just one short hour ago we said goodbye to Val and Mike at their hotel in Liverpool. We had a great weekend with them but it's always hard to say farewell to friends you don't see very often...



On Friday I borrowed Andy's sat-nav and off I went to pick them up at their hotel near the airport. How exciting it was to see them after two years, especially now that Valentina is absolutely glowing in her 6 1/2 month of pregnancy!

We made our way to the shopping outlet where it was the plan to find Val some maternity clothes, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed their pleasure in the sales and even indulged myself, when we went into Ralph Lauren and I got myself a pair of jeans. We both ended up buying a few things from the Gap Outlet Shop as well, including the same sweater as it was both cute and warm - we were both in need of something warmer.



I loved being in the baby shops with her, looking at maternity and baby clothes although at this stage in my life I'll say that's risky business for me!

On Saturday morning, despite the weather being iffy, we decided to drive to the Lake District, one of my very favourite places. We took a little train trip on a steam engine that we thought might be more scenic but was still enjoyable. Molly sure liked it.





After our train ride we took a drive to Hawkeshead, a little village that Fern, Dawn and I had fallen in love with last year,for some lunch. After a little walk around the village we drove back around Lake Windermere and headed down to Ingleton, yet another village surrounded by gorgeous scenery and took a walk before hitting yet another pub so Mike could enjoy another bitter :)





This morning we headed out for more shopping before driving into Liverpool for some lunch by the River Mersey. It was a bit chilly but at least the rain held off and we were able to drop Val and Mike off just before the rain started. They have tonight and tomorrow to enjoy the sights of Liverpool before departing back to Italy. The next time we see them will hopefully be sometime next year to meet the baby I took such joy in shopping for!

Now I'm off to spend an hour with my husband before heading back across the country.

No comments: