A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Something similar to disbelief :)

I say this for a few reasons:

~ Today I started and just about completed my Christmas shopping for those back at home.

~ Its quiet and peaceful here as both boys are at their mother's for the evening.

~ And as I sit here I'm listening to the whoosh of the dishwasher. Yes, the dishwasher.

After nearly four long years I am again living in a home with a dishwasher. When I first moved here I didn't think I'd ever get used to not having one. Washing dishes by hand? Ick. However we didn't have room for one in our last little house and after a few years went by, I slowly got used to washing up by hand. Unfortunately, my hands have paid the penalty for it.

Now that we are living in a bigger house and I finally agreed to us purchasing one (believe it or not, it didn't seem as important anymore!?!) Its going to take some getting used to, but I don't think it will take long :) And with Andy's parents and sister joining us for Christmas Dinner, I think I will definitely be thankful for this mod con come Christmas Day.

Not to mention whenever we have any other small gatherings :)

No comments: