A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, November 15, 2007

For every season...

Wow. So much has happened since I last blogged I truly don't know where to start.

I have been going through a few things of my own, however they are nothing I can't surpass. Ultimately family and friends are what is most important in life and I thank God everyday for these blessings in my life, both here and at home.

In the past month I have been fortunate enough to feel the warmth of my mother's arms around me, of her unconditional love, to laugh and cry with my sisters, brother and close friends, to feel the embrace of all my boys upon my return to the UK. I have felt the joy of our very dear friends Valentina and Mike, upon the birth of their beautiful baby girl, Lilyan Arwen; I have also felt the sadness of a childhood friend at the loss of her father, a man who was taken from this world much too early.

Life gives us some unexpected curve balls, for sure. It is who we have with us that helps us through these times. Be they good or bad (times ;).

Because life has thrown us a few curve balls lately, both in our personal and work lives, Andy and I decided to treat ourselves to a break in London. We stayed in luxury at the Marriott Hotel London, where we were treated to a champagne breakfast and enjoyed the delights of the wonderfully 'wicked' show Wicked, in the West End of London.

Now I feel the cold in the air as it quickly changes from Autumn into Winter and I'm thinking of things to come. I have Christmas to prepare for. This year I'm actually going to try and make it the best it can be, and actually look forward to it. Andy and I have vowed to really make a start at creating our own traditions, as a family. This I am looking forward to more than anything.

No comments: