A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Surprising myself

I've just spent the last few hours baking and prepping for my Candle Party tomorrow evening. After a few short hours (and careful instruction from my mom) I now have chocolate macaroons & cherry balls chilling in the fridge. Hopefully there will be some resemblance to Gina's and people don't discreetly spit them back into their napkins!

I also have a hedgehog (cheeseball) chilling, which I at least know will be ok, as I've made one a few times prior. Tomorrow I will chop up some pita and vegetables for a tray to lay out with some of the dips I have (a few I even brought all the way form NS).

This is the first time I've really sat down all day as I also spent the afternoon at the Brigg Garden Centre with Wendy and Beryl. We wanted to check out the wonderful Christmas display they put on each year and weren't disappointed. After we had a scrummy lunch, I quite cheerfully dropped about £70 on Christmas decorations including lights for the outside of the house, something Andy and I have wanted to do since living together, but not so easily done when linked to three other homes. Now that we have a single family home there's no reason not to decorate it. I've already laid out a few Christmas bits but will go full out next weekend when we go pick out our tree.

I do so want this Christmas to be lovely and I'm trying to roll with the whole spirit notion. I think it might just be working, and may even kick into overdrive as soon as I break out the Bailey's on ice ;) and maybe a movie or two - as Dawn says, Elf anyone?.

I only wish I knew how to make apple cider!

No comments: