A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Never Enough

I've just come back from the grocery store, where I'd filled the cart with mostly healthy items, especially zucchini and lean ground beef which I intend to bbq tonight. The weather here this week has been lovely and I want to take full advantage :) Of course I threw in a few extras, as we do, with the full intention of making myself a wrap for my late lunch. That wasn't to be the case though as I ended up buying the chili and red pepper hummus that I had walked by twice before finally giving in and buying; as I LOVE that stuff, I ended up finishing off the few Triscuit crackers I had left with the hummus. I just could not WAIT. I was drooling as soon as I put it in my trolley and could barely wait to get home. I did at least manage some self-control as I only ate the lid and 1/3 of the tub,(and its a small tub) when what I really wanted to do was finish every bit off and lick the tub clean when it was gone. I don't even need the crackers as I can and sometimes do, eat that hummus straight from the tub, and have to try very hard to restrain myself from eating the whole thing. Sadly, all my Triscuits have gone, so maybe the pull from the hummus won't be so strong; yeah ok. I'm really not kidding anyone here. There's always pita chips.

No comments: