A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, March 27, 2009

Rise and Shine, whether you like it or not

I was enjoying a fairly good sleep this morning when the phone rang. As I reached over to pick it up, I looked at the clock to realize it was only 6:30 a.m. 6:30 on a Friday morning - my day off. The day when I enjoy a bit of a lay-in before heading to the gym, and most people know this.

I then experienced the obligatory second of wondering if it was someone calling to convey bad news. But thankfully no, it wasn't anything serious. Yet, in a sense it was bad news: bad news in the form of the blond, curly headed one in our family who is usually so oblivious to anything unless it involves sugar or getting back outside to his mates.

As soon as he heard my mumbled 'hello' he quickly apologised and hung up (because this isn't the first time he's made this mistake, but it is the earliest he's made it). Who he was ringing at that hour is beyond me. I'd like to think he has more sense than to even bother trying his brother at that hour, but since I didn't hear Alex's phone ring, it couldn't have been him either. He's lucky he's still at the stage where I find him so adorable, I'd forgive him almost anything.

Regardless, that was me up for the day.

So here it is, 3 p.m. in the afternoon and I've accomplished a multitude of tasks that I only half reckoned on completing by the day's end, nevermind before it was only half over. But man, I'm tired - I don't even get up that early on work days.

No comments: