A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, March 21, 2009

You'd have to have way more money than sense...

It costs a whopping £10 a day to sign a guest in at the place where I work out. Now as the gym is part of the country club, which has a pool, hot tub, steam room, etc. I figure this is the reason they can get away with such an inflated price.

Last year they were selling off guest passes at half price so I bought quite a few as I knew Dawn would be coming over and Andy was keen to use a few at the weekends. At £5 a pass, it didn't seem so unreasonable. Towards the back end of last year, I had some left over so I took Alex with me a few times. We both had great workouts and he didn't seem bothered in the least to have a soak in the hot tub with his old stepmom.

He's been asking me recently if he could go again but as there hasn't been any half-price sales, the answer had to be no, as much as I would have liked to be able to bring him with me.

Today though, his dad and I were chatting and we figured that since he didn't last out the weekend at his mum's, I'd offer to take him with me tonight since there wasn't much else to do. Besides, he seems to prefer that over a movie, and it would have worked out to a similar price.

So twenty minutes ago, with our gym gear on and our swimwear packed, we headed up to the country club. As we were in the process of signing in, I pulled out a £10 note to pay the receptionist. She visibly gulped before saying 'I'm very sorry, but its gone up to £12.50'. She looked embarrassed to even have to say it; And so she would be. Jaysus. You'd think you were working out at an elite A-lister club what with that ridiculously jacked up price. I can't believe that anyone would actually pay that... and obviously they do, or the club wouldn't be able to charge it. Unfortunately for Alex, and my much needed workout, I wasn't one of them.

No comments: