A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grounded

I don't know if this is God's way of telling me I still need to be here in Nova Scotia with my mom, but due to the the volcanic eruption I'm grounded here for an extended stay.  We aren't complaining as Mom and Stacy are especially happy to have me around for another few days;  I'm in a much better position than those who are stranded at the airport, or on holiday with no place to stay.

I wasn't 100% ready to leave today, so in a way this wasn't isn't so bad at all (I say, as Stacy fills my bowl with Doritios in preparation for some TV time). It was funny watching mom's reaction when Andy rang to report that Heathrow Airport was still closed to flights.  I have no trouble staying an extra week but I would be lying if I said that to be away from my husband, Molly, our boys, etc. much longer than that will be hard. So fingers crossed that this situation will clear up in days, not weeks. 

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the extra time with my family playing games, drinking wine or even lazing about (and eating way to much rubbish!)



These were sent to mom yesterday by Catherine (and Mackenzie) and made mom's day.  Mom is definitely feeling the love world-wide.  We are truly blessed in our friendships and family. 

No comments: