A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Whirlwind Two Weeks...

Since coming home to Nova Scotia I have been spending most of my days at the house with mom just being with her.  I'm so grateful I was able to be here throughout all of this and I'm glad we had the resources to let me be here to help her do the things that don't come so easily at the moment due to her surgery, such as wash her hair; Mom and I go for the odd walk or two, play a few rounds of Yatzee and in between I've been happy to do any house cleaning or laundry that needs sorting.  I've been lucky enough to fit in a few trips to the gym which is a good thing as I have been indulging in a lot of my favourite foods since returning home (i.e. May Garden and Pizza).  She is my mother and she gave me everything she could, and still continues to do so.  Its the very least I can do.  Besides, its not all for mom either, a lot of this is for myself.  I just needed to be here with her.  

I haven't had much time to spend with friends this trip, and I'm sorry for that, however I know everyone understands that my reason for coming home was to be with my family.  John, Stacy and I have had a few evenings out at dinner and/or a movie; I've managed to get in some time with the children here that I adore and at the moment I am trying to sort out an evening with my godson Gavin;  I've already spent an amusing evening watching the Princess and the Frog with his sister.  Tomorrow night Stacy, Dawn and I head to the Metric Concert - a group I'm not overly familiar with, but from the little I've heard I like.

Time is just flying by much too fast.

A few other activities I've been up to in the previous week:

Rock Climbing with Brendan and Lucas
(my cousin's twin hurricanes)


Lucas and Brendan

Stacy and I went for supper with our family friends Jeff, his mom Marguerite and son Will:



Marguerite & I
(Marguerite has shared mom's experience in the past and is a strong, beautiful woman)

Stacy and I had our own little wine tasting on Saturday night;
I have to say, the Pinot was my favourite, but then again I am a lover of Pinot Grigio.  Stacy loves the Sauvignon Blanc.

We had to be extra careful on the drive back fromt the LC, we didn't want our precious cargo breaking!

The next few days are going to be kind of low key but that's ok.  I'm just happy chilling with Mom and making sure she is ok. 

I just want to say thanks to my husband, my family and all of my friends, even those of you I've never met face-to-face, for being such wonderful, supportive people.  It means a lot. 

No comments: