A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I could easily drink the whole bottle...

Today started off badly, giving me a ominous feeling about the day to come; a feeling that wasn't unfounded. We moved offices yesterday and now instead of an easy 7-10 minute drive to work in the morning, I have to go to the other side of town which takes at least 20 minutes (provided I leave at around 7:40).  As I've mentioned before, I know most of you would laugh at this, but honestly, I hate sitting in traffic.  So I made the best of it and took the slightly longer drive through the country side to take in the glorious early morning scenery.

I arrived at work a few minutes past eight, and realized I'd left the new office keys at home so with a big sigh, turned the car around and drove back to get them.  Since it was a beautiful morning, I decided to take Molly for a quick jaunt around the field as I was now already late - it turned out to be the best part of my day.  Of course no one minded as I was still the first one to open up.   Although I'm not your typical morning person, I do like the feeling of being the first one into the office and getting everything sorted for the day ahead.  

If forgetting my keys was the worst thing to happen today, it would have been fine however there were a number of set backs that come with moving offices, however beautiful and brand-spanking new they are and by 3:00 I was ready to crawl under my desk and stay there; however I persevered and actually managed to share a few laughs with one of the psychologists prior to our team meeting.  I thought my day was maybe taking a turn for the better by this point (despite the fact my knees were killing me - what I get for three intensive gym classes over three days), but how wrong was I.  I won't go into details only to say that I wish I was finished for the week.  I'm sure tomorrow will sort everything out,  however for now I'm just going to drink my big glass of pinot grigio and forget about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you week gets better and by the weekend it won't have felt like such a rough week!