A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Law of Averages

I’ve been living with a chest infection now the past 10 days and therefore haven’t been able to go to the gym. Meaning the last time that I had any good exercise, was the day we hiked Mount Snowden in Wales (which was a spectacular workout, even though we hiked down, not up). That makes it 12 days since I’ve worked out. It’s driving me nuts. Funny, but when I can go to the gym, I have long debates with myself about whether or not I should go; you take the option away from me and what’s the first thing I want to do? Work out. You would think I was three, not 30 something. My mom, who works out regularly and by this I mean daily, has said that there is nothing I can do about it. I know that she is right in the fact that if I were to go for just a short spin on a stationary bike at this point in time I’m likely to have a set back, thus delaying my return by even longer. Not only have I been living with bronchitis for about 25 years, my mother has been dealing with me. So I will listen to my mother and give it another few days, especially now that the antibiotics are starting to kick in.


I tried to explain to Andy this morning that I will let him know when I’m returning to the gym, that his asking me is only making me feel worse. Yes, I know that I mentioned I would try to get back to the gym yesterday, but I was only fooling myself and he should have known that… I mean you would think that after nearly 10 years together he would have the ability to read my mind! I guess he’s only developed the ability to see through my clothes. Oh wait. He’s told me that when he’s staring at my chest he’s willing me to take off my top, that he doesn’t have x-ray vision. I suppose the fact that after all this time together my husband still has thoughts of my boobs isn’t a bad thing, but then again, they are spectacular if I say so myself. Yup that’s right. Even with all the inconvenience they’ve caused me, I love my boobs. But how can I not? When more than one female in my family has battled breast cancer what other option do I have? I wish more women would appreciate the boobs they have – big, small, droopy or wrinkly, because once you are faced with the option of losing one, or both, I think it sheds a different light on the situation.

So, boobs and chest cold aside, I’m just going to have to sit back and wait this bugger out for a few more days. I’m hoping that by tomorrow, or realistically, Thursday, I will be able to get on the cross trainer again. Spinning will have to take a back sit till at least the weekend.

I’m trying to keep myself distracted by reading and watching TV, without over-eating. Yes, I’m not feeling the best but there is not a damn thing wrong with my appetite.

My friend is coming over tonight to help keep me distracted and those of you who know me will have a good laugh at what she has planned; she’s bringing her math homework with her so I can help her study for her exam tomorrow. For those of you who don’t know me, let me clarify what my family and friends are probably wetting themselves with laughter over: I had to take math 5 times in three years to ensure I graduated high school with the rest of my class. It’s going to take my friend five times longer to figure it out with me helping her, I can assure you.

4 comments:

Fern Wimpley said...

Hahahaha!!!
Oh at least you still have your humor as well asa your appetite ;)
I love my chest. It can keep shrinking away. And shrinking it's doing :)
Tawny doesn't know why I even bother with a bra anymore!

Tawny said...

Stacy definitely doesn't need a bra. I'm so jealous! I should love my boobs, especially considering that they came through for me last year but I just don't. I'd take stacys over mine any day!

Laraf123 said...

Hope you are feeling much better now! Did you know that math difficulties affect 5 out of 8 people?

Jody said...

Sisters... I too would much prefer small boobs like our Stace, but even if I lost 30lbs I'd still have big boobs, just like I did in 7th grade :) like it or not, they are here to stay!

Lara, even I can understand those odds! Makes me feel less of a failure! You might be interested to know that I started to feel just as stupid as I used to when my dad used to sit with me to do my homework, but when we were scored turns out I wasn't as bad as I thought!