A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 17, 2012

Since we were last there...

A rundown of events since the last time we all together in Nova Scotia (2009):


My sister Tawny gave birth to our beautiful Clara.  The last time we were all together she was only a few months pregnant.

(Can't wait for to create more memories like these...)

Stacy has gone from this:


to this:


  (How awesome is she?)

Our sister from another mister (Dawn, aka Longbottom) has moved into her own home and gotten engaged to the love of her life;

My brother John has written and recorded an album - can't wait to go and listen to him debut it next Friday night.

Alex has made Andy and I grandparents, something we were not best pleased about at first but you get over a shock pretty quickly when this is the gorgeous result:  

  
And how could we all have had any inkling that early the following year my mother would have to face the greatest obstacle of her life? We all had no idea of the mountain she was going to have to climb, or how absolutely frightening it would be, but climb it she did.  My mother faced down cancer and came out on top - and we hope with all our hearts she stays there.

A lot has happened since the last time we were all home together in 2009 (much that I haven't mentioned but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you...) 

Alex now has a family of his own he so he won't be joining us this time and we will miss him - perhaps just a little, but we will. To make up for his absence we have the added joy of bringing our good friends with us and we are so looking forward to showing off my homeland, family and friends. 

We want more good time photos like this:

.
 Sunday morning can't come soon enough

2 comments:

Fern Wimpley said...

Bahaha!! I love that photo of the three of us!!
And wow, I am not sure I have that photo of me in the water! I should show people that one as my before picture!! Can't wait to see you! xo

Laraf123 said...

Okay, first of all, that grandson of yours is the cutest baby ever! (Okay maybe 3rd cutest in the world--but definitely cutest on your side of the Atlantic.)

Speaking of oceans, I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy every moment back home. I know how much you have been looking forward to this!