A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, November 10, 2008

I just got this last Thursday...



I have already made a fantastic, warming vegetable soup, a beautiful chicken stew, and so-so mac & cauliflower cheese.

In the past year, instead of cooking a variety of meals for each of us on any given day, some that include the microwaveable sort, I've been trying to cook good wholesome meals for us all to enjoy; something that is now becoming easier due to books like these.

Most of the ingredients that Jamie uses are natural and organic and so long as I follow a healthy diet including exercise, I shouldn't have a problem with maintaining weight.

Alex was poking fun of me yesterday, saying I spent all evening reading it, like it was my new bible, but I make no apologies. I do like getting new cook books, I can't help it, especially ones with pictures to accompany the recipes - it makes is so much easier. And I don't think anyone in the house is suffering because of it :)

If my 20 year old self could see me now...

No comments: