A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I see the crystal raindrops fall...

Apparently back home in Nova Scotia, they have been bombarded with the first snowstorm of the season. I couldn't help but feel a little homesick when I heard this. Although I don't miss the shovelling and driving in bad weather, I do miss sitting inside watching the snowflakes fall. I also love seeing everything bathed in white, looking so pure and clean. At least for the first hour or two anyway. I often wonder how our Molly would react to all that snow. She sure seems to love the small scattering we rarely get here.

At the moment its coming down out there rather steadily. I'm not holding my breath for anything substantial, but we probably will head out in a minute for a little stroll through it. Connor has decided to forgo a birthday party tonight, instead choosing to go out with his mates to play. It took me forever to scrounge up a pair of mismatched gloves for him. Looks like gloves all around will be on the next shopping list.

This evening, as we were driving home from Tesco, pondering if the snow would actually start sticking we heard a voice from the back quietly singing 'I see the crystal raindrops fall hmmm hmmmm hmmmm' and couldn't help but grin. That Connor. What is he like eh? Completely adorable. That is our Con though... despite being a little stubborn and lazy, he is undeniably, hugely lovable. Just looking at him makes you want to smile.

No comments: