A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, February 23, 2009

Taken lightly, with a grain of salt (and maybe a shot of tequila)

I can't count the number of times over the last week where I have had to say 'Can you not do that' or 'Don't patronize me' or 'Excuse me - what did you just say' (This last comment is often made while I'm still trying to process if I really heard correctly thinking - 'No, you didn't just say that'). It doesn't end with the verbal prose either. Discussion of some of the scents I encounter daily could take up an entire page.

Believe it or not, I'm not talking about interactions with my teenage stepsons - I'm talking about that other thing I do on a daily basis. And I don't mean my colleagues either, although the smell might pertain to a few of those.

I've been helping out a lot lately on the front line. Most people are generally alright, and I've developed a tenuous rapport with quite a few already, even sharing a few laughs. However my own workload is taking a serious hit, and there are days like today when I wonder if I'm really cut out to deal with the finest Grimsby has to offer. Its just as well that I don't take myself too seriously.

Maybe I shouldn't say anything at all, but I figure since I'm not talking about any one particular incident, or certain individual I can't be breaking the the rules... just venting you know? But maybe I am... ???

At least the air has warmed up and I've got wine in the house :) And tomorrow is another day. Hopefully one I will get to wake up to after a restful night, much better equipped for what awaits me. But then again, a good sleep these days seems to be but a much longed for dream. I was actually laying awake last night after 3 a.m. thinking about a topic that would be fun to blog, but damned if I can remember what that was. It sure wasn't this.

No comments: