A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'll stick with Chinese and Indian thanks...

I meant to blog about this for a few weeks, but something has cast a huge shadow over us these last few weeks and I've been very preoccupied so blogging has taken a back seat. I'm trying to rectify that now, so please bear with me.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I didn't feel much like cooking and as Andy obviously didn't he asked if I wanted to go out for something to eat. I didn't. It had been a long day at work and I just wanted to chill. The alternative was to order in, which basically leaves you with the option of Chinese or Indian as I don't much like pizza from the local pizza houses. (The stone-baked frozen ones from ASDA are much better).

Anyway, I'm rambling again. We did end up ordering a pizza as it had been a long time since we'd ordered from the local pizza house and thought we'd give it another try. When the food came we noticed there was an extra pizza (fish so we couldn't even reap the benefit of that) and a garlic bread that we hadn't ordered. We figured we'd call them after we finished to inform them of their mistake just in case they were wondering where it had ended up, and dug into to our mediocre pizzas.

Five minutes later the phone rang and this is what I heard from our end of the extension:

Andy: Hello? Yes, we received our order. Yes there was an extra pizza. That's right. Yes, and a garlic bread. (Pause) Yes. Well my wife mistakenly took a bite out of the fish pizza before she realized it wasn't what she ordered. (Long pause) What? Well sorry but it’s been eaten.’

He hung up the phone turned to me and said 'She was actually going to ask for it back if you hadn't taken a bite’.

I have one word for that: GROSS. And needless to say, we will never order from that place again. Ever.

No comments: