A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

No strikes but we've had a ball just the same

Just thought I'd give you a quick update:

There will be no strike action for the flight attendants of Air Canada.  This means my brother will be leaving on Saturday morning as regularly scheduled.  Mom rang last night to let us know and I was touched by John's response when he said 'I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or relieved'. 

My emotions are mixed because I had mentally prepared for his departure prior to finding out that he might not be going Saturday and therefore started to feel a little bit of excitement that I might actually have him with me for longer.  Greedy I know... but sometimes it's ok to feel like that right?

The next few days are going to pass by much too quickly, for certain.

Tonight John and I are going to Robert and Dawn's for homemade Thai Red Curry with shrimp, followed by the most scrumptious chocolate mousse I have ever eaten.  Seriously, Robert could market this stuff and make a ton of money.  John might not want to leave after Robert tempts him with this bit of heaven in a ramekin.  I think it's more than possible we might partake in a little wine/beer drinking as well.  One never knows... ok, who am I kidding?  I reckon I will have a slight hangover for work tomorrow.  

Tomorrow evening we are having dinner with Beryl, one last trip to the carvery so John can indulge in the British tradition of Beef and Yorkshire Pudding.  (Although he has become rather fond of the the new staple British meal - Indian curry.  I can't believe my brother is now a major fan of Fish Shashlik).

I've taken Friday off so John and I can have the day together.  We will be heading uptown in order to enjoy one last Nero's Latte before a bit of last minute shopping (I'm sending all my Christmas presents home with him, how organized am I?) before heading home to walk Molly and get ready for one last night at the Harvest Moon with friends and family. 

As mentioned, I think the next few days are going to pass in a blur before we send him back to Nova Scotia.

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Enjoy the rest of your time together! I'm inspired (and envious) of your close-knit family and how you stay that way with so many miles separating you.

A delayed departure would have been nice but I guess in the end it's good they didn't strike. I imagine that would cause huge rescheduling and airport headaches.

Hope time slows down just a bit so that you can savor your time with family.