A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, April 27, 2012

Brokedown


It’s the only way to describe how I’m feeling today. 

I always find the week of my period hard physically (let’s not even touch on emotionally).   I don’t know why it is that with age seems to come more difficult cycles.  I think because I’ve been doing the shred I’ve come through this cycle relatively ok, meaning I had something else to focus on besides the thought I'm constantly trying to walk through a river of tar;  surprisingly my back hasn't given me too much gyp this time round either.  Working out is a good way to keep strong and motivated, yet this week I have felt more exhausted than I have in a very long time.   My chest hasn’t felt right since my chest infection and although my breathing is reasonably ok, I constantly have a pain in what feels like my right lung.  I'm not sure if this ties in with the shoulder pain that I’m chalking up to the shred (I’m using heavier weights than normal).

And is there such a thing as ovary pain?  Because it sure feels like my left one is trying to force it’s way out through my hip. 

Brokedown I tell you; it’s how I feel.

I’m also not experiencing my usual ‘Friday feeling’;  I normally love Fridays… but because my husband isn’t coming home tonight it just does't feel like the weekend.  After the busy weekend we had last week with celebrating the birth of Jayden this will be quiet one.  In some ways I’m not complaining.  I could use a bit of downtime and at least I don't have to work.  My husband can't say the same.

Molly still has a multitude of skin allergies and last night something was up with her poor little mouth; her lips were all swollen up with what almost looked like blisters.  I gave her an antihistamine which seemed to help as her mouth was much less inflamed this morning;  I will keep a close watch and see how it goes.  I can’t even begin to imagine what’s caused this latest reaction.

I do apologise that this post is a high on the whinge factor, however  I’m cognizant of the fact that I’ve been a bad blogger and need to increase the number of my posts (I want to surpass my total from last year - good luck to me on that).  So there you have it, a whinging post is better than no post at all. 

However I will end my post with this cheerful photo: 


The Great Grandparents :) 

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

I hope you feel better soon! Take it easy this weekend--sending you hugs!

Tawny said...

I hear you on the period thing, sister! Not fun! I hated going back on the pill to help control it but this month's period was an inconvenience rather than the hell it's been. Hope you feel better soon!