Thought I'd better write a post today as it's been ages since the last time I had something to say; well that's not exactly true... I've had lots to say (when don't I?), however it's been crazy at work and by the time I get home I'm not really in a mood to be on line, other than surfing the next via my i-phone.
Here's what's been going on at Casa Del McAllenby (in brief form):
- We had a quiet Easter, which was nice - although I used it as an excuse to eat way too much chocolate.
- We managed to book our flights to Canada (not sure if I've already mentioned this) in August and got a fair price which is great, especially since we are flying with Air Canada and not the usual summer charter.
- I've started the 30 Day Shred again. Today will be the 7th day and so far so good, my eating is even under control (more or less).
- Andy has started working away for two weeks at a time and it's an adjustment getting used to him being gone for so long. This weekend was particularly strange because my friend Emily turned 40 and we threw a party for her at the house; it seemed so odd not having Andy there, but at the same time it gave me something to do to pass what would otherwise be a quiet and long weekend without him.
- I've not been sleeping particularly well. It started about two weeks ago when Andy began going away for extended periods, although I'm not completely sure this is the reason my sleep has been broken. I can tell you that last night I didn't sleep much at all past 3:30 am because I got the exciting call that Bonnie's water has broken and it looks like the baby will be coming today, or tomorrow at the latest.
It's hard to focus on much else to be honest!