A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Andy isn't sorry

I saw this cake over at Rock Recipes (which can be found here.)


I thought it looked pretty amazing and as my husband is a total cake fiend (especially for cheesecake) I figured that I would give it my best and attempt to make it for his homecoming this weekend.

I had a fantastic day at work yesterday and because I had some time owed made my way home early to get a start on the cake. 

I could have worked out but I didn't; it was prime time to make the cake base and the cheesecake topping;  the cheesecake could set overnight and I would only need to make the whipped icing today. 

Pefectly planned right?  

This morning I did get up and go to the gym; I came home and then walked Molly.  After our walk I had a shower and took my time getting ready to go uptown with Andy as he was tied up on the phone giving someone or other a piece of his mind (I think it was the phone company).

I probably should have moved my ass a little quicker, or perhaps I should have put a sign on the cheesecake in the fridge.  But I didn't think I had to... I'd shown my husband the picture of the cake yesterday when he walked in the door asking what smelt so good.  I figured it was a given that he would leave the cheesecake alone.

That's what I get for thinking.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the rim of the cake pan in the kitchen sink when I came downstairs.  With a racing heart I ran to the fridge and saw that a huge hunk of the cheesecake was gone... and proceeded to lose my rag.

The sad thing?  He wasn't even sorry.  He tried to tell me he was sorry but he couldn't stop the grin on his face or the gleam in his eyes;  he said it was worth it though, as it was scrummy all on it's own. 

I told him I would respect him more if he just admitted that he wasn't sorry, like a certain Joey.

So he did.

Now I just need to figure out if I want to try to salvage it or just ice the cake base.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be "really sorry" either. :-)