A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Skinny-Me

Alex popped round this evening for a bit and as we were chatting in the kitchen he mentioned that Bonnie made a comment earlier in the week regarding how skinny I used to be when I was younger, which made me chuckle because I have never been what you, or anyone under 200 lbs, would call skinny.

Alex said he responded to Bonnie's statement with an 'I wouldn't really know, I never knew Jods back then' (Although he did meet me at the ripe old age of 30).  Bonnie proceeded to show him the picture that I'd posted on my facebook wall, and mistakenly led her to believe I used to be thin:

This is a picture of my little sister and her friend Christina on Sunday - the day they completed the Bluenose 1/2 Marathon in Nova Scotia.  I'd posted it on my Facebook page because I'm so very proud of my baby sister. (Bonnie wasn't the only one to comment on our looks, a few of my friends pointed out how much my sister resembles me).

I never thought for a moment we looked so much alike that someone would mistake her for me, past or present. Yet for the past 27 years I have heard how much she takes after me, the poor wee girl. But it makes me happy, if not a bit sorry for this little girl I was allowed to name, that she has been  cursed with my looks ;)

This picture sits on my window sill in the kitchen.  I can see how much we do look alike in this photo and have mentioned previously on this site that people often comment on how we practically look like twins.  Again, major bonus for me, what with being twelve years older.  Just goes to show how deceiving a picture can be.

I don't have a child of my own flesh that I could spend hours staring at and wondering if he or she looks like me. But I don't really need one anyway, not with having Stacy, who was practically my baby from the start and she's definitely my own little mini-me.  If I'd had a child of my own he or she'd probably be the image of her dad anyway; as my other sister could tell you... 

So there you have it: I have a baby sister who is beautiful, clever and oh-so-fit, and just happens to look like me.  I can't tell you how much I admire this young woman and all  that she has worked for.  She is truly an inspiration. 

Now please excuse me while I go work out.

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

I bet you inspire her everyday as well :)

Fern Wimpley said...

I love you sister! And Lara is right, you DO inspire me!! xoxoxo