A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

New Beginnings...

This past year has had its ups and it has had its downs. I like to look back and think of all the positives that have taken place, rather than focus on the negatives.


1. I married the love of my life, the man who made many changes in his life to have me with him, and who I was willing to change my life to be with. He makes
it all worthwhile. This was done in the presence of our nearest and dearest.

2. My sister married the love of her life - her best friend - a man who treats my little sister like a queen, and rightly so.

3. Andy's and my relationship with the children has grown in strength, so much so that its doubtful it can now be broken.

4. My beautiful cousins became parents to two strong, gorgeous boys...

5. My family and friends are all healthy and well, for which I am very grateful as it has been a scary and sad year for us health-wise.

6. I begin work in this new year.

I don't really have goals for the New Year, other than these: To lose additional weight - this is always a goal for me so I'm not sure I really count it: Over the past two years it has been my goal to lose weight, and I have reached it each time. By the early autumn of 2004 I was the smallest I have been in way over a decade and and give or take five pounds, I maintain it. This year I again wish to lose a bit more.

Then there is always the money factor. Andy and I need to save money this year instead of spend it without much care. We have ambitions to possibly head to Greece, or some other exotic place, this spring, but if we haven't made a good start with saving, we will have to forgo it, even with the money we received for our wedding. I think we will chose the option to save!



In this new year I'm experiencing life with a 12 year old in the house (for more than a weekend). Alex, Andy's son, has been living with us since Boxing Day due to difficulties with his mom. He tried to go home once last week but only lasted one night - it once again became too much. I won't go into it, only to say that I don't blame him for losing respect for his mother and getting upset with her. How many times can a 12 year old take being called 'four-eyes' by his own mom - among other things. Sadly she has made no attempt to call him or bring him home. He misses her and his brother and sister but seems to be enjoying a quiet life with us. He is now eating again as his stomach has finally settled down now that he is not so stressed out. I think he is a lovely little guy to have around. Don't get me wrong, he has his trying moments like any other boy his age but his Dad and and I have a healthy and respectful relationship with him (as with the other two), as well as each other. We all work our concerns/issues out together. He is welcome to live with us here as long as he wants.

Oh and in regard to the court thing, just to keep you updated: The judge was very unimpressed with the request to find out my personal financial business and let her know in no uncertain terms that she has crossed a line. Only one question was not thrown out, but that is being dealt with by the lawyers. The judge did inform her that the financial aspect of this divorce will be over once and for all by March. Hopefully he is right. I truly want 2005 to be a year of new beginnings!

No comments: