A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I Say... Was That A Spot of Snow, Old Girl?

Yesterday as I was driving Alex home from school it began to hail. It didn't last more than a minute and then was gone. It was a rather dark and cloudy day and we were just glad to get back into the warmth of the house. We were home for about 15 minutes when I looked out the window and had to do a double take for I could have sworn I saw snow. I was correct, however by the time we went to take another good look, it was gone. In light of the recent snowfalls that have been bombarding the good folk at home, I feel a bit selfish to say that I was very dissapointed to not have a snowfall worthy of pulling the sleds, or even boots, out for.

The Morning Post...

I've been enjoying hearing the drop of the mail onto the floor this past week as most days there has been a Birthday Card from my Canadian posse. Its great getting best wishes from those at home, either in the mail, via the internet, or over the phone. Today my friend CA took me out for a lovely lunch and gave me a beautiful boquet of pink and white flowers as she has to work tomorrow...(just in time as I've been feeling dreadful with flu and bronchitis all weekend). All this in spite of the fact that she and her husband and daughter are meeting the boys and I for dinner tomorrow night. Wendy is taking me out for lunch and then shopping so that I may pick something out that I like. I have to say, I don't mind about my birthday, even if it means older. I like it much better than Christmas, lol. No, seriously, although my husband has to be away for my birthday it will be a good day because I know I will still be surrounded by Andy's boys, my in-laws and dear friends, as well as receiving word from all my loved ones back home! Andy is taking me to The Pink Butterfly for a romantic birthday dinner on Saturday night. Its a little place that I've been wanting to go to since my arrival here and I'm definitely looking forward to some time alone with my husband...


No comments: