A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, April 20, 2007

Which way to turn?

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. We had Maebh with us for about 10 days or so, my mother in-law's dog has had her pup's - five tiny runts that are so cute already, I've also just completed the last week of my old job, and we are in the process of moving.



In two weeks time we get the keys to a four bedroomed, detached house on the back of the estate we currently live on. I don't know who is more excited, Andy and I or the kids. The only downfall re the house is that it has carpeting throughout. I mean in every room, bathrooms/kitchen included. However this is something that we will be changing as soon as we can.

Speaking of bathrooms though, the house is equipped with three, which to me is a catch 22, as three bathrooms + 3 children = a lot of cleaning. I think I have to make the en suite toilet off limits to kids, and the downstairs off limits to everyone, other than guests. Call me anal, but unless everyone in the house is willing to help scrub toilets, and thus far no one has shown any inclination to clean the one we currently have, why should they be free to mess up more than one? (Of course this rule won't apply for when I'm taking a long bath as the en suite only has a shower stall - not that I'm complaining mind!)

I'm just so excited about the amount of space we will have. Other than extra room and a bigger garden, the best perk is getting away from the mardy-assed cow and her offspring that live next door. She has been so rude to the kids and even my friends that I'm about to erupt, so the timing couldn't be better - it would only have gotten worse now that spring is here and we are outside a lot. Its just such a shame when one person in a street full of great people ruins it for everyone else.

Anyway...



Last Sunday Andy and I took advantage of the 23 degree weather and drove up into the Yorkshire Dales with the dogs to do some hiking. The scenery was breathtaking, lots of rolling hills and even a waterfall. The dogs were in their glory and even Maebh took some tentative steps into the streams to get a cool off. We naturally couldn't keep Molly out of the water.



I fell pretty hard during our second hike through a wooded area, but brushed myself off, wiped the tears from my eyes and slugged on. But because I landed on my knees (what is it with me and my damn knees?), they were pretty knackered so we had to pack it in about 45 minutes later.



On the drive home we passed through a gorgeous national park, The Dalby Forest that was not only beautiful but offers a variety of outdoor activities so in the very near future we will be taking a trip up there for some hiking/biking.

Click here for more photos of our day out.

No comments: