A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Indecisive

The great procrastinator - that's me. As they say back home - she doesn't know whether to shit or get off the pot.

As many of you are probably already aware, I have cut off my hair yet again in recent months, something that isn't hard to do considering the rate at which it grows back and which I will of course be endeavouring to do anyway. A few weeks ago just prior to leaving for Greece (I'll talk about that in a few moments), I dyed it (and a considerable amount of the carpet - don't even get me going about carpet in a bathroom...) a dark brown. Now that the shock of being dark has worn off and I don't find myself looking twice every time I pass my reflection, I've decided I want to go lighter again. Not blonde, but slightly lighter. I think I will visit the salon this time around.

Something else that has been on my mind for quite some time is the possibility of getting another tattoo. I definitely want one, but cannot decide if I want it on my foot or my inner wrist. If its on my foot it impedes me from working out for a few weeks and hence yet one more decision - where on my foot to place it something that is proving more awkward than I'd hoped. Another problem is that if I go with my wrist, I have to come up with a whole new tattoo idea because the idea for my foot is meant for my foot only. So it would seem that ultimately I will end up with three tattoos, but I'm only looking to have one done in the immediate future. If I can ever make up my mind that is. I often wonder why I was the one in my family cursed with this ridiculous affliction.
















Greece was extremely hot, beautiful and very full up with two argumentative teenagers and one 11 year old. We had fun spending most mornings at the beach and our afternoons by the pool. We did a few rides which the kids adored such as the banana boat, especially when I was hanging off the side of the boat, head mostly submerged, and still managed to pull myself back upright - I can still see the shock on the guy's face who was watching us from the boat. I'm such a Zena :) We also had a day out on a pirate cruise where we all enjoyed walking the plank numerous times. The food choices at the resort weren't bad either considering we only had one buffet restaurant to choose from and the boys were willing to try a few Greek dishes which pleased us.


Surprisingly the highlight of the evenings were a huge bouncy castle and the nightly round of Bingo, which all three kids looked forward to (and won on the very last night). One disappointing factor was that throughout the whole week one or another of us was afflicted with some illness/problem such as headache, an abundance of bug bites, Tasha's even leading to a grossly swollen foot, and an ear infection that I came down with over the last few days. I do think Andy and I are both of the consensus that we won't be travelling all inclusive in Europe again and that we will keep Greece for ourselves in the future.

No comments: