A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, January 16, 2010

It never gets old

I've been living in England for six years now.  Most times I hardly notice the accents of my family here but every now and then I am reminded of it. 

For instance:

Today I was climbing the stairs to my bedroom and overheard the following conversation: 

Connor:  'Uggh...Alex!  You stink... you are such a TRAMP.  You are a disgusting tramp!!!'  (This was yelled in tone of voice that oozed such distaste.)

Alex:  Laughing his ass off.

Its just so funny to me because I was reminded of how us Canadians might say things such as 'you stink' and then throw in a 'gross' or 'disgusting' but throwing in the 'tramp' was so typically English I love it. 

No comments: