A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Gift of Friendship

This past weekend has been non-stop for us, which has been a good change really as other than the Christmas rush, etc Andy and I have been taking it rather too easy on the weekends. 

The facial I had on Saturday was fantastic, its been a very long time since I've had one, and oh how times have changed.   I do believe I will be treating myself to another of these before the year is out. 

So after a good workout and a very relaxing and cleansing facial (part of my gift from Dawn & Robert) I was well ready for a night of good food and great company.  The chef for the evening was our dear friend Robert (the second half of my very generous gift) and let me tell you, you'd be hard pressed to find a better service offered at most high end food establishments.

I had an idea he was going to make me scallops, but never did I imagine they'd be big fat Canadian beauties that tasted as good as the presentation! (Well I kind of did, considering it was Robert who was cooking).

I tried to savour every bite and make it last as long as possible.  I haven't enjoyed this rarity since I was last home in Nova Scotia. (Scallops are not so easily obtainable here in this fishing town ;)



Of course, we chased everything down with a delicious wine that I can't wait to get my hands on the next time I indulge.   Andy and Dawn really enjoyed their starters as well:


Andy and his camembert cheese.

It was such an enjoyable evening, we just ate and drank, chatted and laughed the evening away.  We are making plans for an awesome summer, planning to do a little mountain climbing in the Lake District with these great folks, and have even started talking about the possibily of them joining us for a trek out to Nova Scotia the next time round.



The lovely Dawn and Robert



Two happy girls



Me and my man

Sunday was taken up with lunch out and grocery shopping, before we got ready to head over to Hull for the evening to spend time with Sophia, Paul and their little angel Madelana.  We were treated to another beautiful meal as Sophia always lays out a gorgeous Greek Feast for us.  After the weekend I honestly didn't think I was cabable of eating another bite.  (Like that would ever happen, lol)


Madelana after her bath - a little beauty; I could just hold on to this one forever

Molly was a happy girl herself as she accompanied us both evenings, considering these households both contain her best friends, Carter and Maebh.  Poor Maebh (Sophia's dalmation) cried after Molly as we were leaving.  You'd think I had the baby tucked up under my coat or something or maybe it was all the left-overs Sophia had us laden down with. 

And this weekend the celebrations are due to continue, as Andy is taking me away on Friday evening for the night - to do what is still a mystery I will fill you all in on after we return.

No comments: