A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, January 11, 2010

Upside down  

Despite having an enjoyable, relaxing weekend I find myself trying to pull myself out of a sadness that snuck up on me yesterday around mid afternoon.  Luckily I had enough distraction to keep me focused: the lovely Beryl joined us for dinner (I cooked Beef Wellingon and we enjoyed a delicious raspberry and creme brulee cheeseake with some red wine for dessert); and afterwards I soaked in the bath and chatted to my mom.   The heaviness started to subside and I was feeling more optimistic; and then I woke up this morning feeling worse than I had yesterday.  I just wanted to crawl back into my cozy bed, pull the covers up to my neck and go back to sleep.

I don't know if it's just the time of year added to the fact that while out shopping with Andy I tried on a number of dresses and nothing fit, absolutely nothing.  I know I'm carrying some Christmas weight, but for God's sake I was good all last week and had managed to get to the gym four times. Four times people.  So I'm trying to just breath in, and breath out, and tell myself that its just a little set back and by later today I will be feeling fine, and back in control of my dietary intake.  Tonight I will force myself to go to the gym because no matter how I feel prior to working out, I mostly always leave the gym feeling better. 

No comments: