A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Sliding into 2010!



On New Year's Day, whilst a ham was roasting in the oven, Andy and I decided to coerce the boys to come for a walk with us and Molly in Hubbards Hills; in case there was enough snow we threw one of the sleds in the boot.

We weren't overly surprised at the number of people who'd also decided to take advantage of such a crisp New Year's Day and it turns out that the hills, although not quite covered in snow, were in fact icy enough for sledding. We had in fact seen a few people slip and fall including all three of my boys. Luckily enough, no one was hurt.



We found an awesome area for sledding and the boys found a few cast off pieces of cardboard that they used for a few goes, until Alex decided to go back to the car to get the sled. We stuck around for an hour or so watching the boys fly down that hill as Molly gleefully chased after them. Crowds of people often gathered to watch, joyfully laughing as Molly slipped all over the place trying to catch the boys. I don't know who was flying down that hill faster, Molly or them. Even more amusing was the way she would pick up the sled at the bottom of the hill and carry it back to me, wherever I happened to be standing. Eventually I had to go to the top of the hill to receive the sled and hold Molly back until the boys got themselves sorted.



They kept asking me to have a go but as I had hurt my back on Boxing Day, had to decline as much as I was dying to jump on that sled. Eventually Andy gave in and took a turn, laughing every moment of the way through. I held my breath as I was snapping photos, just praying my old boy wouldn't hurt himself.



As we were walking out of the park one family passed us and told us it was so great, watching the fun we were all having. It made us all smile, and more importantly, it just re-affirmed to me how blessed I am to have such wonderful men in my life, what a joyful life we all have. Molly and I sure are lucky girls.

No comments: