A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Break

Today marks the start of a 10 Day Hiatus from work for me.  It feels kind of strange to actually have a week off from work without having any real plans made other than:

  • Painting and re-organizing our bedroom (however hubby will be doing the majority of this task so I suppose its not really on my list of plans).  My only task is to be on the look out for a nice chair. I will try and take a before and after photo for the 2 of you who might be interested.
  • Cooking an Easter dinner for my family and Beryl.
  • A long over-due hike in Yorkshire Dales with the Gallivan's and our dogs.  Fingers crossed it warms up a little bit.
  • A little bit lot of working out.
Last weekend I didn't make it to Nottingham due to the inclement weather, however not getting away on Saturday morning meant I got to spend a little bit of extra time with my most favourite boy in the whole world: 


Doesn't he make you just want to pick him up and cuddle the chubby cheeks right off of him?

  He's an excellent little snoozer as you can see. 

Seriously, this boy is the biggest time waster on the planet when it comes to me and his Grandy.  Part of me can't wait until he's old enough to enjoy Easter Egg Hunts. 

Oh and on Saturday afternoon I got the call that my dad had been taken into the hospital after suffering a mild heart attack in the early hours of the morning.  He was released yesterday and I'm relieved he's OK.  I'm sure he was given fair warning by the health care workers that he needs to make a serious life-style change.  Fingers crossed he does this time, as this was his 2nd strike and we all know how that mantra can go. 

My Mom and sister Stacy are travelling to Ontario to have Easter with my sister Tawny and her family. I know Mom will enjoy seeing our little Clara hunt for her Easter Eggs.  I hope to see lot's of pictures! 

I also hope you have a lovely Easter and partake in a little bit of chocolate. Although Jesus is the reason for this season as well, the Easter Bunny deserves his recognition too don't you think? 

Happy Easter Everyone     

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

Oh, that little boy is just dreamy! I hope all of you have a wonderfully happy Easter.

Prayers and get well thoughts for your dad, as well.

Anonymous said...

Howdy Ӏ am sо thrіlled I found your blog, I reаlly fоund you by acсiԁent, whіle I was reѕеaгching on Βіng for something else, Anyhow І
am hеre now and would јuѕt like
to say thаnκ yоu fοr a rеmаrkable post anԁ а all гound
entertaіning blog (I alsο lovе thе theme/ԁesign), Ӏ don't have time to browse it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

Take a look at my weblog; Chemietoilette