A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, May 03, 2013

More than a pretty wall calendar

On Monday Andy began working down near Reading on the project he spent the early part of 2012 securing.  We now have to make the adjustment to living apart again for five days a week.  I think Andy and I will have an easier time of it than Molly, although she does have the consolation prize of scoring herself a spot on the bed with me each night.  

At least it's Friday, the sun is shining and Andy comes home this afternoon;  It's a three day weekend herein the UK and we are going to make the most of it. Let's hope the sun shines for at least 2 out of the 3 days.  

I can't believe it's May already and so far this year I've hardly achieved any of the goals I'd set for myself. Well strictly speaking that's not true; I have to be a bit more positive because: 

a) I've starting drinking a lot more water, which is a good thing because I've always consumed a fair amount of water to begin with. If I'm not drinking wine, I'm drinking water.    

b) I haven't bought any new clothes since before Christmas and that includes shoes people.  Shocking I know.  However this is down to two reasons, one being that money has been a bit tight since our super awesome holiday in the Maldives, the second being that I promised myself no more new clothes until I've lost at least five pounds.  Which means I need to concentrate harder because summer is coming and I love to buy summer clothes. 

c) I signed up for the Race for Life;

As I mentioned in point b, summer is heading this way and with it the summer sales, so I really need to get my head in the right place and do a bit more to get myself healthier because I hate trying on clothes when I feel this way.  Exercise hasn't been as forthcoming as I'd hoped due to the spasms of pain I've been experiencing in my lower back; I'm trying to get on top of that as well - I'm refusing to let it turn me into a couch potato.  Besides, moving around is better for my back than staying stationary. 

To give myself an little extra motivation, I'm going to start using this: 



The Wellness Calendar that is lovingly put together each month by Cassie.  I enjoy her site and wish I was only half as organized in my own life. Although I've been following her for awhile this will be my first attempt at following her Wellness Calendar.  I've printed a copy for both home and the office and although I'm a few days late beginning I think it will make a good start to staying motivated.  Most of you who are doing well  with your healthy lifestyles seem to have some kind of agenda.  So I'm taking a page from your book and this is the month I'm going to make my own lists and stick to them.  

My Goals for May: 

Run the whole 5K on the 19th May
Cut down on carbs
Shred at least three times a week
Lose 5-6 lbs
Post here at least 7-10 times

I think all of the above are perfectly achievable and to ensure that I reach my goal of more posts this month, I'm going to try and log my progress.  Just a heads up for those of you who find food/fitness blogs tedious.  I will endeavour to write the odd post or two about the phenomenal activities we get up to at or around Casa McAllenby for the two of you who pop in now and again as I know my writing must keep you absolutely riveted. Or not.  

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riveted. That's the word. :-) Though lurker would be more apt. I enjoy your posts.
Crystal

Laraf123 said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about all your achievements--be they big or small. Enjoy the weekend!