A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, May 17, 2013

That Friday Feelin

Well here we are back at Friday again and today I have That Friday Feeling in abundance. I'm going to start by saying that this week hasn't been a good one for me in terms of exercise because of my blasted back but that's not completely 100% honest.  My back has been much better the past few days however I'm suffering from a serious lack of motivation to get out there and hit the pavement (due in part to the weather - lame excuse I know) and the fact I have been otherwise occupied.  Within a few more days I should be back to my  fitness focused self, but for the moment I'm trying to concentrate on food prep for the healthy eating program that I've begun and will tell you all about momentarily.  I know I need to start getting a bit more friendly with jogging, even if it's at 9:00 at night. Lots of people do it so why not me? Wait, don't answer that.   Oh, and of course I've only done the shred once. ONCE. Pathetic I tell you... but I will sort myself out.   

Anyway, let's get back to the food topic.  After a lot of planning on Tuesday night (with the aid of the aforementioned program I'm trying out) I sorted out a list of foods that are now only going to be the occasional treat and am taking a more hard-core road when it comes to eating.  I'm on day three and so far, things are going well. I feel full and am not missing much other than the Yogurt Breakfast Bars I usually eat when I get to work.  (I will probably miss wine this weekend too but I will get over it.) My coffee intake is more or less under control and I'm consuming water like someone who has been stranded in the desert for days on end.

Here is a sample of what I have making and eating this week (I apologise for the photo quality; just remember, this isn't a food blog ;) 

An omelet with lots of spinach, asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms and a little bit of light cheese.


I roasted some chickpeas with Cajun spice; I have been grabbing a handful whenever I feel the need to snack on something other than fruit or yogurt.  They are a bit dry but tasty all the same. 

I don't have much of a green thumb but I do have a  bit of success with herbs so I chopped up some of the fresh basil growing on my windowsill:  


and threw it into the pot of chopped tomatoes, garlic, mushroom, onion and oregano that was simmering on the hob: 


I was making the sauce to accompany whole wheat pasta.  I'm still getting used to the fact that I can eat as much pasta & rice as I want (within reason) on this program.  When I used to be on WW I always skipped the pasta/rice as the extra points weren't worth it. 

I topped it off with a bit of Parmesan and it was delicious! 

In other exciting news: 

I have raised £145 and still have two days to go until the Race for Life on Sunday.  A huge thank you to those of you who supported us. (Molly was even pledged a tenner by her proud Grandma Wendy). 

My baby sister turns 28 today.  She and I talk quite a bit about life accomplishments and I don't think this young woman is completely aware of how much she has to be proud of. Stacy is not only beautiful, intelligent, motivated and strong, she is good and kind and in the famous words of Tom Petty (if you're under 30 you might be wondering who that is) 'has a heart so big it could crush this town'.  Every time I hear the song Walls I think of my baby sister and all that she has grown to be. 

I love you little sister and I will always be so very proud of you. I hope your birthday is all that you want it to be and that I get to hug you sooner rather than later.  

And lastly, it might not be big news to the rest of the world but my husband is coming home after five days away and I can't wait to welcome him back with some good lovin. 

Enjoy your weekend. 

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

I hope you and Andy have a wonderful weekend!

Fern Wimpley said...

Thanks sister! Love you so so much :) xoxo