A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Taking the Number 8

Every spring Andy reminds me that I have to be careful when making any plans for upcoming weekends. You might think this is because he has a thousand splendid ideas racing around in his head for fun ways to enjoy our precious time off.  Or perhaps he might have to work the odd weekend or two now that he is based down South.  You would be wrong though; The only thing racing around in his mind at this time of year is Formula One.  Andy has thoughtfully marked each Race Weekend on our calendar so that I don't mistakenly plan an outing on a Formula One Sunday. If anything does get planned I either go solo, or re-arrange.  Qualifying takes place on the Saturday and I'm adamant that these remain flexible; I'm OK with sacrificing every 2nd or 3rd Sunday but not the whole weekend (besides that's why we pay for Sky Plus right?)

This past weekend was a race weekend so we hadn't much on the agenda.  While Andy was watching qualifying on Saturday, Dawn and I were out walking the dogs.  Dawn told me that she and Robert were taking the bus up to the White Hart pub in the afternoon for a few drinks and a bite to eat.   She was laughing as she explained how Robert was a bit excited to go on the bus.  It would be a real adventure for him and we decided it would be fun for Andy and I to go along.  What else are you going to do on a rainy Saturday afternoon? 

Andy was up for the pub but raised his eyebrows when I told him we would be travelling the few miles to town on the bus.   I quickly got online to double-check the route times (I used to ride the bus to work when I first moved here) and sent Dawn the details.  Apparently Robert was waiting for us on the corner ten minutes before our scheduled meet up.  

Waiting for the Number 8
Andy looks super-excited!


Ah, but a pint is a bit more exciting right?

Dawn and I are naturally thrilled to be out. 

We had a lot of laughs, a few drinks and another great meal at this quaint old pub.  

Speaking of racing I wanted to let you know that  with less than a week to go Molly and I have reached 90% of our goal pledges with a few more still to come in! Training got put on hold again at the weekend due to my back, but I've sorted myself out with a temporary fix of muscle relaxants and will be back out on the pavement with Molly this evening.

3 comments:

Fern Wimpley said...

Your hair looks great sister! xo

Jody said...

Thanks sister :) love you xxx

Laraf123 said...

Yes, I was thinking the same thing! Oh, and my younger son is crazy for NASCAR. Not sure if there is an equivalent across the pond but I am running out of storage space on my dvr because we have to save every weekend race!