A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, August 09, 2004

Movie Review

I have seen a number of movies in the past two weeks or so. Some at the cinema, some here at home. Most Recently:

Little Black Book I went to this movie not expecting much but a couple of light laughs, however I came out of it with a different opinion. After the first 10 minutes or so, I really got into it. For some unknown reason I have tried not to like Brittany Murphy but alas, she has won me over. It was more than just a light comedy, as it had a good little twist. Holly Hunter addeded a little vim to the movie, and as well, there is a very surprising cameo at the end.

Collateral Again, I wasn't expecting too much, and although I guessed the ending, it was still interesting enough to keep my attention with its sense of dry humour. I was surprisingly pleased to see Mark Ruffalo as one of the main characters.

The Village Although most people are trashing this film I have to say, they don't know a good movie if it hit them in the face. I loved it. I guess if your looking for a gory horror flick your not looking in the right place. I think this movie was frightening and suspensful at times - it also made a valid point about the world we live in today.

Boat Trip: I was dissapointed to see Cuba Gooding Jr. in such a silly role - I found the movie to be crass and stupid for the most part, however there were a few scenes that got a chuckle out of me.

13 Going On 30 I loved it! It was light,cute and touchingly funny.

The Big Bounce : Despite having Owen Wilson and Morgan Freeman as key players, I found it boring. Bottom line: A waste of time.





Another This and That

1. How do you like your eggs? Omlette style or scrambled (and sometimes sunny side up, but then I only dip my toast in the yolk - I hate the whites).

2. What do you collect? Nothing really, besides the normal junk most people seem to gather without meaning to.

3. Do you carry a purse, backpack or briefcase on a regular basis? If yes, does it contain only the essentials or a whole lot of everything? Sometimes I carry a purse or bag, the only essentials being my wallet, cell phone and a lipstick - and if the bag's big enough, my book.

4. When is the last time you've read a book, put together a puzzle, built something or did something crafty? I feel empty and lost if I'm not reading a book. I read at least one a week. (Oh and I went and painted pottery on Friday).

5. What was the highlight of your weekend? Painting with Stacy on Friday afternoon and then having supper with her and Darla at Pogue Fado's while listening to an excellent guitarist called Keith Andrews play.


No comments: