A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, September 02, 2004

All's Quiet

Yesterday I took the boys back at 4:00 - last night we really noticed their absence - I kinda got used to having the them around. However it was nice to have some time alone with Andy last night. After eating our supper of stirfry, we went for an hour long bike ride, which we really enjoyed. Down on the riverfront a fellow was windsurfing with a large kite - I'd never seen that before. After we got back from bike riding we just relaxed before retiring for the night.

This morning I was up and out by 9:00 a.m. to take Wendy to physio and then we shopped and had lunch (I had a tomato/lettuce and bean salad with fruit salad for dessert - I'm trying extra hard this week with the old weight thing). I almost have to try and keep up with Wendy now, as her legs are working so well! Nothing much else going on except I met another one of my neighbours and she seemed very pleasant, something I'm grateful for as I'm so used to hearing about Tawny's odd neighbours.

Another delightful event occured while I was shopping with Wendy - while passing the bookstore, Ottakers I saw that Maeve Binchy has a new publication out that I have not yet read 'Nights of Rain and Stars'. That will certainly be in my shopping cart in the near future. Speaking of Maeve, I'm totally engrossed in a book now called The Lacey's of Liverpool by Maureen Lee. The only reason I picked it up was that it was on sale for £1 at £ Stretchers. It accompanied me all the way to Canada and back before I decided to start reading it - I now can't put it down. Its very much in the style of Ms. Binchy and I'll definitely be looking for more books by this author.



Mmmmmm... Burgers

I was very excited to purchase a burger pattie maker yesterday and today I happily made extra lean burgers that I too can cook and enjoy on our new BBQ!!! I can't believe how revved up I get over these little things, but boy was I looking forward to trying it out, I'm even more so anticipating the taste of the burgers! (The only thing that would make them better is if Tay would give me his secret receipe!!!!)

I bought the pattie maker at my favorite shop in Cleethorpes, a little boutique called La Cocina Cookshop. The women who owns it is a real sweetheart - she certainly has come to know me. Carol-Anne wants me to take her back there tomorrow, something I won't have a problem with as I still have some shower money to spend!!!

No comments: