A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, February 25, 2005

Tickled Pink

Last Friday I was out for lunch with Wendy and our friend Beryl. As I was sitting there laughing and enjoying my chicken and sun-dried tomato pannini, I happened to glance out the window to see a shop across the street with a pretty pink awning... The title of the store was In The Pink (Fine Silver jewelry). Naturally I had to go investigate once lunch was finished and the ladies were only too happy to join me. After a quick glance at the gorgeous window display I walked into this gloriously silver and pink shop and instantaneously fell in love. Not one of us walked out empty handed. My first (but not my last you can be sure) purchase from In The Pink was a fantastic pink, square cut stone for my finger. Its a bit bigger than I usually wear and boy does it have bling, but it was calling my name. I can see most of my wish lists are going to be devised of this shop's inventory!

Yummy Scrummy Tomato Soup

My friend CA gave me this delicious recipe for tomato soup. I was a little apprehensive to make it at first as me and home-made cuisine don't always go hand in hand, but I figured it sounded quite simple so why not try it out. It was rocking... I will share it with you all just in case you would like to try it for yourself.

2 x cans of crushed tomatoes
1 small onion
1 Tsp. Basil (the squeezy kind)
2 Tsp. Vegetable Stock (the powdered kind)
Olive Oil

Finely chop the onions and sautee in the pot with olive oil. Add the tins of soup, stir and then add the rest of the ingredients. You can modify to taste... I also added a dash of mixed herbs and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 45 minutes. Trust me, its scrumptious. (Ooh I also threw in some low-fat grated cheese once it was in my bowl - its good either way.)

My Last 2 Days of Unemployment

So, Monday I start work. On Tuesday I went and bought myself a new pair of high-heeled, long black boots to wear with my skirts. Today I have just had my hair redone by a gal called Katie who comes to your house and she does a brilliant job for much cheaper than the salons. I wasn't nervous to have her do my hair as she worked for the top salon in the area and is my sister-in-law's cousin and I'm very happy with the result. Now I just have to wait for Monday. I'm not nervous or excited. I think I'm just finally happy to be getting back out into the world.

Tonight CA's five year old Madeline is coming to spend the night - she's been packed since Wednesday she's that excited. It'll be good to have a sweet little girl here for the night with me and the boys. Tomorrow morning we will be dropping her off at her dad's restaurant and will likely have brunch there at the same time. Andy is on his way home at this moment and I think I might just have to cook him some tomato soup .

No comments: