A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, March 10, 2007

In Limbo

Its over. Five seasons. At least I have the whole series on DVD and can watch it however many times I want. I'm speaking of Six Feet Under, one of the most brilliant pieces of television ever made. I was way behind schedule when I finally decided I wanted to watch this much-raved about show and was thrilled when Andy bought me the first series. I received the 2nd and 3rd series for Christmas and bought the 4th and 5th shortly after myself. Some nights I stayed up till 2 a.m. (or later) as I couldn't bear the anticipation of waiting one whole night to begin again.

Last night my sleep was very broken as my mind kept returning to scenes from the final episode and I couldn't even talk to Andy about it because he is still back in season two. It was one of the saddest, yet gripping finales in television history. I think the way they decided to end it was so befitting of the show and it didn't disappoint. It didn't leave you hanging as to what might happen to the characters once they are out of sight. It had a sense of finality most shows don't leave you with. I'm still feeling overwhelmed by it all to tell you the truth. I'm a little sad they only ran it for five seasons. The complexity of the characters is unmatched in any show I have yet seen. Its hard for me to remember sometimes that these people are not real, and have moved on from 6FU. Now I just need to. Thank God for Prison Break and Lost.

No comments: