A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Running around with earache

This week at work has been exceptionally busy, and Alex has had various appointments that I've had to attend with him. Add to the fact that I'm watching Six Feet Under on DVD at almost every opportunity (I'm hooked!) plus trying to squeeze in a few other favourites not on DVD such as Prison Break and Lost, not to mention walking the dog, I've got very little time for much else, well other than cooking and housework.

This evening though, I finally managed to get my ample ass out for a short jog with Molly. It was only meant to be a walk, but I figured the exercise could only benefit us both. Try telling that to my chest. Not jogging outside (or on a treadmill for that matter) for awhile + being asthmatic does not make for a good combination, but I'll get over it, if for nothing else than the fact that exercise feels good, at least once you get back into the swing of things which is something both Andy and I have promised each other, as well as ourselves. I miss exercising and come this weekend I believe I will once again be the owner of a gym membership. Andy has beat me to it, but he only has himself to worry about while he's away all week ;)

I am however feeling rather vindicated in the fact that I am busy with work, its giving me more focus and drive and less time to laze around. Laziness really does beget laziness. Not that I was ever particularly lazy, but I had a lot of extra time on my hands that I thought I enjoyed. Now that I'm working more, I have less time to spend on housework, laundry, etc. and am having to do it in the evenings and for some reason I seem to find more energy to do these things. I'll have even less time when I go back to the gym. I just have to make a concerted effort to ensure my little Molly doesn't suffer as a result. Things should be changing again work wise in approximately a month, whereas I believe I will only be working 3 full days and off for two. At the moment I'm working 3 full days plus two 1/2 days.

At the moment it is 10:30 and the girl from two doors down just knocked on my door asking me to join her, her mom, and sister (et others) over at the Harvest Moon. They all looked great and were feeling good but as I'm in my old sweats and Alex is 'recovering' from having a mole surgically removed yesterday (and being a bit difficult) I figured I best give it a miss this time. As its the second offer in recent months I'll make sure to go next time around.

Tomorrow night I'm off out with the the gang from the new office and after the week I've had (dropping my gorgeous, leather turquoise bag in a puddle this morning is just one example), I must say I'm looking forward to it. Add to the fact that its mine and Andy's child-free weekend, I'd say its time to break out the party hats, or at least the massage lotion and handcuffs.

No comments: