A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 27, 2004


I think this about says it all.... I'm missing it big time. There is Subway in England, however the closest one is about 30-40 minutes away. We are off to see a movie tonight in Lincoln and we will dine on this delicious sandwich I have been missing for nearly six months. I'm curious to see what it will be like over here, as so many restaurants seem to put the English spin on every thing here, including McDonald's - however judging from the website, it looks pretty good so far! Andy didn't really take to it in Canada, however hopefully his sandwich artist will do a better job of convincing him tonight, LOL!


The Quest For Cheap Flights



On the weekend we began looking at flights to get me home for a visit this summer. I cannot believe how outrageously the prices increase over the summer months. It's a total rip off. There are a few charter airlines that could get me there at a more reasonable rate, however this means flying back thru Gatwick Airport, which doesn't thrill me, but hey, if I need to do it, I will. As these cheaper flights book up so earlier, we may be getting my tickets as early as next week!

I was also looking into stopping over in TO to see my sisters for a few days and maybe shop for a wedding dress of sorts up there. It's really starting to sink in now that Andy and I are going to be married, especially as we purchased our wedding bands this weekend!

Tasha reported this weekend that her mom said that she won't allow them to accompany us to Canada this fall to attend our wedding, as well as meet my family and our friends. This comes as no surprise, however as they really want to join us Andy and his lawyer will be forwarding a proposal thru the courts to have Jane agree to let the children go. Apparently the judge could even rule in our favour regardless of what Jane says. Jane is citing the reason for their not being allowed to go as she doesn't want them taken out of school (something I could most definitely agree with) however as Andy has said, they have taken the children out of school for holidays on numerous occasions in the past, this is just likely an excuse - and I have to agree that he is most likely right. Again I feel bad for the kids, this is something they have all stated very strongly that they want and is much more important than a holiday down south.

Tuesday is Chooseday



Around the Globe

1. Where do you currently live? N.E. Lincolnshire, England

2. Name all the places in the world that you can think of that you've been to. Upper Canada, Eastern Canada, Virginia Beach, Tampa, Mexico, Grand Caymen Islands, New Orleans, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Scotland

3. What place in the world do you want to go to that you haven't been to yet? Where to start? Italy, Greece, Australia, China... the whole world really.

4. What's your favorite place in the world, so far? I have to say Nova Scotia... sorry but home is where my heart is. However, I've loved New Orleans and want to go back as it was too short the last time... each place I've been to has had something very special about it - I love travelling and can't wait to see more of the world. Now that I'm on Europe's doorstep, Andy and I intend to do exactly that.

5. What's the worst place you've been to, so far? Ummm, nowhere has been a bad experience, however the poverty in Cuba and the Dominican has been the worst thing to witness so far.

No comments: