A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Day 16: Future Tattoos

I currently have two tattoos.

The first is a tribal sun on the middle of my lower back. I was 29 years old before I had my body permanently inked. There is a meaning behind this tattoo that is shared between my husband and I. I’ve never regretted it for a moment.

I’ve always known that I was going to have a little lady bug on the top of my left foot, down near my baby toes, long before I even had the sun tattooed on my back. Because I couldn’t find a place that inked feet in Nova Scotia or Toronto I had to give up. However I found a really good artist here in Grimsby and three years ago went for it. It’s a dainty little tattoo, a vibrant red which I love. I enjoy looking at and admiring it when I’m barefoot or in flip flops. I only had a moment’s hesitation afterwards, when I wasn’t too sure about how it looked in certain heels but I soon got over it. I seldom get dressed for an ‘occasion’ and when I do, I make sure I choose a pair of shoes that cover it, or make it work.

I have always thought about one more (they are addictive, it’s true) that I would love to have on my inner right wrist. And then I would be finished. I have never wanted ink on any other parts of my body and I never get a tattoo before I have thought long and hard about it. I know if I were to go ahead with it then that would be it. Of course because I’m not 100% certain of what I want, I am leaving my wrist bare for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tattoos are super addictive!!!! I've got two as well, but am always only a couple drinks away from another:)