A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, February 27, 2004

Quoutable Quote: Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said. --Unknown

Ten Pin Bowling



Last night as I was cooking dinner for Andy I decided that we needed to get out and do something for a change. Waiting for this divorce to come through, and for the children to settle is a bit stressful, and sitting around night after night isn't doing much to improve our mood. All day I had been snappish and craggy to Andy and decided for once that I was gonna do something to change my emotional state. So, I cooked him a nice dinner and we went bowling. Bowling here is called 10 Pin Bowling, done in Fred Flintstone style. Andy used to be in a league and even owns his own ball and shoes. After haggling him a bit about that, we began bowling and actually had a lot of fun. The first ball I threw was a strike, unfortnuately the rest of my game left a lot to be desired. Andy finished one game with a score of 177 - the highest I've ever seen anyone score, lol. Thankfully that was the one game where I made it to 100 myself.

So, What Part of the States are you from???

Last night I was asked that question by the fellow bowling next to us. I smiled and said "I'm not". Leaving him grasping for something to say. Now don't get me wrong, I don't get annoyed when people mistake me for American - they don't really know any better, and in all honesty, most North Americans can't tell the difference between the Scottish and English brogue (myself not included). However I usually correct them right away but last night I was in a playful mood and wanted to see what he would say... eventually I told him where I was from and Andy and I ended up having a nice conversation with him and his wife. When I went to the bar the female bartender commented on my accent as well, saying that my accent wasn't familiar. It's funny to be the one with an accent, well a real one that is - I spent almost my whole time in downtown Halifax clubs imitating another accent, be it Irish, or my most common, Southern. Here I find myself with an actual accent, and its my own. Go figure.

At this point, I am proud to say that I am Canadian, I would never chose to be anything else. Thankfully I'm living in a country where I will be able to have dual citizenship when the time comes, because I would never consider giving up my Canadian status.

After all....

I AM CANADIAN



No comments: