A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, May 29, 2004

At The Playground




Last night Andy and I went for a walk in the park and then tossed around the frisbee for awhile. It wasn't major exercise but it beat sitting around the house watching TV. After our game of frisbee, we walked over to the monkey bars and started goofing around. There weren't any little kids about as it was about 8:15 at night, so we didn't have to worry about looking too silly, lol.

Andy proved to me that he could easily cross the monkey bars, something I figured he could do, however he doubly impressed me by proving that he's still got it in him to do chin-ups... he managed about six consecutively, lol. I have always wanted to be able to do chin-ups however this is something I just cannot do - my weak upper body strength just won't allow me to pull up this hefty bulk. I was however, able to cross those damn monkey bars twice though, something I have not been able to do since I was a kid! Oh, and just for the record, I have always been able to, and still can, hang upside down from bars just using my feet. Oh yeah.

Speaking of Exercise...

I've been letting myself down in regard to the gym BIG time these past months. Granted, I've had lots to do, however if I can't find the time to go now while I'm not working, when will I ever? You have to MAKE time for these things and I need to get my ASS MOTIVATED again. I think that since I will be up and over at Andy's mom's (she's home btw!!!) with her every morning helping her to do her physio and what not, it should definitely give me the motivation to do it... if this lady can go through the motions after such a difficult operation, and my mother can get to the gym and out walking every day, then what the hell is my excuse? Once a week is just not cutting it.

No comments: