A Canadian gal living in Britain with 3 men and a dog. Wine helps.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, January 24, 2004

a

Quotable Quote: Marriage, as its veterans know well, is the continuous process of getting used to things you hadn't expected -- Tom Mullen

Whoa, Wedding Talk Now???

Ok... last night Andy turns and says to me "We have things we need to discuss" - just as I was getting settled to watch one of my shows. Great. Hit me when I least expect it. He then proceeds to go over to a drawer and remove from it a bunch of travel and wedding magazines. SHIT. I told him that I didn't want to have this discussion yet as his divorce is not even through. He however reminded me that his lawyer has predicted that this will all be wrapped up by the first of March. IF, and a big IF, this is the case, we do have to consider what we want our wedding plans to be as I only have until June 5th to get married. Oh Boy. I love Andy with all my heart, he is the man for me, I know this, he knows this and so does everybody else. I also know that I want to marry him, however I just wish I could raise a magic wand over us and have it all done. Honestly, I read my sister's wedding blog faithfully and can relate to a lot of her feelings. BUT God, I can't even really bring myself to discuss what I want, cause I DON'T HAVE A CLUE... other than knowing I don't want to get married in front of 200 people. I wanted to go to my sister's wedding in Vegas, but the sad reality of the matter is that if I have my own to contend with and pay for, I don't know how I can swing this. And I know that she will understand this, because I HAVE to get married - at least if I want to stay here with Andy. Now... I have to contact the Embassy to see if I'm even allowed to get married outside of the country, because if so, I imagine we will head down south. If not, we talked about the possibility of getting married at Gretna Green (in Scotland). This is the most appealing to me, however it makes me sad to think I will have NO family with me... NONE. Not even really good friends I expect. What with Tawny and Taylor going it in Vegas and mom and dad not going there, I certainly can't expect them to come to me... and if Stacy and Dawn are going, I can't expect them to be able to come here either. I imagine my friend Val and her husband would be here for me, however other than that, unless some other friends were willing to fly in from other parts, I would have only Andy's family. Now considering I'm not even that bothered about a wedding, I have to admit that I would be a bit down to not have any of my loved ones with me... but we will see. It also worries me to think of how this would make my parents feel... two daughters married within a few months of each other (if that) and they don't see either! If I do get married here, it will likely involve a flight to NS to celebrate with everyone and then hopefully on to a honeymoon down south. The whole thing is already doing my head in - I honestly think I'm the only girl who has NO interest in looking at a bridal magazine. The only thing I'd want to do is pick out a dress. End of story. If Andy will do the rest, I couldn't be happier. Seriously, the whole thing makes me uncomfortable. What is wrong with me???? I'd almost prefer to just go to the registry office here in Grimsby - however I'd look kind of stupid in a wedding dress, however simple.




BABY DAISY:
On Thursday night I received my birthday package from Mom, Dad and Stacy. One gift was only wrapped in tissue and mom told me to unwrap it while we were on the phone. It was a little white stuffed kitty.... Mom said since I've been missing our little white cat Daisy so much, Stacy and she thought they'd send me my own Daisy, LOL. Andy proceeded to put her in the real Daisy's favorite perch, on the shelf above the kitchen sink, LOL. However now she is in the big comfy chair directly across from Boo's comfy chair.



Jody Goes to the Dogs
Tomorrow I'm on my way with Wendy (Andy's mom) to one of her dog shows. She has been busy grooming and training two of her little dogs for tomorrow's show. Andy's sister Allison will be meeting us there. I think it will make for an interesting day. We have to leave for the show at 8:00 a.m. - here goes nothing!

No comments: